[PISA] - LASINIO, Carlo (1759-1838) - Pitture a fresco del Campo Santo di Pisa intagliate da Carlo Lasinio conservatore del medesimo. Florence: Molini, Landi e compagno, 1812 [ma 1816?]. A fine collection of plates reproducing frescoes painted circa in 1350 in a cloister used as a cemetery for illustrious Pisan citizens up to 1779. 'They must be placed amongst the finest reproductive illustrations of the 19th century and, indeed, were almost the first large-scale reproductions of any cycle of early Italian fresco painting' (Christopher Lloyd, Art and its Images: an exhibition of printed books containing engraved illustrations after Italian painting, Bodleian Library, Oxford: 1975, no. 44). A prospectus for the work was published in 1806 and by 1810 28 plates had been issued; a title-page was printed in 1812. The earliest issues have either 40 or 41 unnumbered plates bearing Molini & Landi's publication line with their order left up to the binder. After 1816, six folios of explicatory letterpress were introduced as in the present copy. The publication continued also in the following years and later copies contain 42 numbered plates without the name of Landi. Elephant folio (630 x 467mm). Double-page title with engraved vignette, 6 text leaves, 40 double-page unnumbered plates after drawings by F. Nenci, A. Niccolini, and Lasino, all on guards (some spotting, mainly marginal). Contemporary half calf, spine decorated in gilt, title on label (joints splitting, some rubbing and chipping).